John Hobbins instructs students at the PGA Center for Golf Learning and Performance in Port St. Lucie, Florida
John Hobbins is highly knowledgeable about every aspect of the golf game, and is one of just a handful of professionals in the New York Metropolitan area certified in AimPoint Technologies, a revolutionary green-reading method used on Golf Channel telecasts that helps golfers reduce their putting strokes. In 2013 John became a Certified Putting Instructor with the SAM PuttLab, which is a software technology that is used for the analysis of the putting stroke.
John has studied with some of the top golf educators in the business, including Jim Hardy and Mike LaBauve (both Top 50 Teachers). He has done work with Mike Bennett and Andy Plummer in the principles of the Stack & Tilt golf swing motion. Under the tutelage of Alignment Golf pioneer Lynn Blake, he has focused on understanding the components of the Golfing Machine. John has also done extensive study with Kelvin Miyahira in learning the micro-movements of the swing that elite players possess.
JOHN HELPS GOLFERS TO:
• Create efficient swing motion
• Improve green-reading skills
• Improve on-course strategies
• Assess their putting game
• Create a better pre-shot routine
• Analyze their overall game
• Develop a plan for improvement
• Create better practice habits (blocked vs. random)
• AimPoint Certified Level III
• Blast Golf 360 Certified Putting Instructor
• Certified Bobby Grace Putters Fitter
• Golf Magazine Top Instructor in the Northeast Region in 2005, 2013
• Chelsea Piers PGA Senior Instructor of the Year 2006 through 2011
• Member of the PGA of America Quarter Century Club
• Founded Greenside Golf Academy, 1999
• Director of Golf Digest Schools 1991-1999
• Director of Golf Operations Hyatt Hotels Caribbean 1986-1991
• Head Golf Professional PGA Tour Tournament Players Club Network
• Host Professional to the Champions Tour Inaugural Qualifying School
• Host Professional to Champions Tour New York Life Champions
• Head Professional to Champions Tour Sunrise Classic
John has been named one of the Top Teachers in the Northeast by Golf Magazine, and nominated for consideration among the Top Teachers In New York by Golf Digest. Before founding the Greenside Golf Academy in 1999, John was the director of the nationally acclaimed Golf Digest Schools for nine years, and Head Golf Professional and Director of Instruction for Hyatt Hotels in Puerto Rico for seven years.
John's Teaching Philosophy is based on years of on-going high-level research and learning about all aspects of the game of golf. He is part of the PGA of America's Quarter Century Membership, an elite group of professionals who have served the game and the association for 25 years as an active member.
John is in high demand as an instructor in New York City where he he has been teaching for the past 16 years. Working from his Greenside Golf Academy at Trinity Centre, John services both the downtown financial district as well as the surrounding residential neighborhoods.
Trinity Centre, home of Greenside Golf Academy